Parenthood is a splendid blessing. It can be somehow a remarkably challenging one for some parents, particularly when you have a temperamental kid. Therefore, the essential psychological elements on raising them are being discussed in detail here by the author.
Being a parent is truly the best self-fulfilling emotion one can have. It can be a difficult task for some, requiring both extreme love and an integral commitment.
When a married couple settles down, they look forward and hope to have kids. The state of unrestrained happiness in patiently waiting for a visceral 9 months inside the muscular organ of the mother, containing and nourishing the young during development before birth.
Making the aunts, parents, and grandparents exceedingly happy, the source and beautiful cause of delight for everyone in the family. The lovely, delicate little toes, diminutive little fingers, and the sweet angelic face marked by gentle kindliness make you as parents are ceaselessly amazed and eminently happy—joyful in every way.
Each day, each moment, each year that they develop ultimately makes you exceedingly cheerful and gratified seeing them grow up like you in particular ways. The 46 chromosomes came from you as parents passed on to your biological child, half from the mother and the other half from the father.
Their cute toylike huggable faces, teeny weeny smiles, gentle little voices make you joyfully go through the day. Playtime throughout the day and bedtime stories are endless hubble bubble fun.
Their cute little smiles and cuddle adequately makes stress and physical factor that causes body tension, the feeling of tiredness from working all day long vanish quickly from its existence in just a split twinkling of an eye.
Your the seemly happiest parent ever in the world—but that came to a temporary halt having a temperamental kid, and you don’t know what to do. Temperamental kids???—fret no more. You can do it! Let’s do it!
13 Essential Psychological Elements on Raising Temperamental Kids
- Shower your child more and more with unconditional love and tender affection only you as parents can fundamentally give. Every day, painstakingly give genuine attention, watchful care, and concern about your child’s welfare and character. Double it up. Fundamentally, you show your child that you are invariably there as reliable parents, that they can considerably depend on you. That no matter what happens, they’ll have someone to turn to—to place reliance and trust. Communicate to your child often and make them feel you can be one of their best friends, too. Be extra mindful of their needs, heedful of their comfort and emotions.
- Make memories and spend quality time together as a family. List a hundred checklists. Make your everyday life at home a workday, or used routinely as a typical fun time. Provide some entertainment. You may felicitously prepare food by baking your fave macaroons or any dessert simultaneously together as a family. Or you may also cook your child’s fave dish together as a family. Reconnect and watch home HBO, Cinemax movies, Netflix or go for a movie marathon at the malls together while eating some popcorn. Do some gardening too.
- Engage in any sport that your child appreciates and loves doing. It can be anything from swimming, running, playing tennis, table tennis, basketball, badminton, baseball, playing billiards, dart, biking, rock climbing, wall climbing, skateboards, boating, fishing, kayaking or any water sports, multi-caving with professional tour guides and a lot more fun athletic activities. Realize your child is coordinated enough to participate in any athletic endeavors he or she may like. If your child is not athletic or doesn’t have any sports, well you can opt for simple swimming at the beach. You can invite your child’s best friends as well.
- Different board games are an absolutely fun home activity too for the entire family. And enhances the cognitive capabilities of your child. It further releases Happy Hormones for your temperamental kids e.g. playing the game chess, dama, visionary, fictionary, crossword puzzle, boggle, and a lot more. Whatever you do, make it always a fun atmosphere with your family and kids.
- Find specific hobbies your child may have. Enroll your child in a guitar class, violin, or piano lessons if the child is music inclined. If your child has a knack for drawing and painting, you may enroll him in a painting class.
- Acquiring pets has a soothing effect, tending to calm and tranquilize the nervousness and tension of your temperamental kid. You can go, and pay a call and visit your nearby goodwill pet store for a cuddly gentle puppy, or a bird, or a talking parrot, or fish aquarium serving a beneficial purpose.
- Be extra patient with your child, manifest forbearance under strain-bearing pains and trials calmly without complaint. There is a myriad of forceful impacts affecting poignant factors which may substantially contribute to an unfavorable behavior or temperament of your child. It could be due to having a broken family, a single mom, quarrelsome parents, or simply having busy parents with no time for the child, or the child is sickly, a sudden loss in the family. Whatever the underlying implicit reason and statement offered in justification may be, continue loving your child and be extra patient at all times marked by great zeal, energy, and determination. Being a strict disciplinarian and spanking the child more will only worsen, inducing a state of psychological regression and won’t help your child’s behavior at all.
- Bring your child and family frequently to get in tune with nature, breathe in the natural sceneries and bask enjoyably in the beauty of nature. Your child may initially show resistance, but in time you will see the developmental changes no matter how small it may be. Walk into the woods, having a carefree experience picnic at a nearby open space and an area maintained in its natural state or even public parks, or picnic at the seashore for breakfast or lunch. The groovy superlative sandy and rocks have total calming effects. Walking barefoot at the sea has benefits—”connected to earth”—the discovery of earth’s energy. That we mankind and other forms of animals have a healing energy field around us. The seabeds, the forest, open space in nature of trees and plants according to a study by scientists, each indeed had a frequency and an electric tension exists. Grounding and or earthing provides health benefits like better sleep, less pain, calming effect on behavior, reduced stress, reduced tension, stress reliever even for parents like you not just for your child and gives better immune function. You can ground yourself by walking barefoot on the sea waters for hours, sitting on the ground with greeneries and green grass, and being connected to earth via grounding that transfers electrons from earth to your body. I have enjoyably tried this all the time myself and it’s so cool and rejuvenating and it’s FREE.
- Volunteer together with your child as a family. This will enhance and improve the quality of persona, character, and empathetic side of your child and your child’s welfare, well-being as a person in the community, and your kid’s state of being happy and healthy.
- Bring your child to a Sunday service regularly. It is the moral accountability of every parent to bring their children closer to God Almighty and invoke with vigorous efforts to catalyze into spiritual activities. Thereby, this activity promotes and cultivates your child’s overall healthy spiritual well-being.
- Pray. You can’t precisely execute it all on your own, you need a supreme celestial impudence help from our Sovereign Most High God. Thus you need to constantly pray for your child every day. And see the wonders of efficient phenomenal prayers to our Holy God.
- Reward your child for every effort on their part. And praise your child whenever he does something right. Review your expectations of your child, your preferences, and your set of values. Are they realistic for your child? Are they appropriate? Further, you can be motivating and say, “My child that’s so great of you, I’m proud of you, you’ve done an excellent job, you did great today, you’re special because you came from me, you are a talented person” etc. Or you can eat ice cream together as a family, or dine out as a treat, or watch a movie at the mall. Consider your temperament and behavior as a parent. And how they might also be somehow difficult.
- Think of ways to adjust yourself a bit to encourage a better fit with your child. Your child may adapt slowly to unfamiliar surroundings and people and even gets shy. Your child, however, over time will become more accepting of new people and situations once he or she becomes familiar with them. Patience is a virtue also.
4 Additional Tips
- Avoid name-calling, and worst labeling children as “hyperactive,” “problem child,” “trouble maker,” “lazy Juan,” “unintelligent,” “fat,” or “the ugly duckling. Instead, focus on the positive character of your child.
- Don’t take your child’s behavior personally. Temperament is innate. Understand that your child is not purposely trying to be difficult or irritating in some ways. Don’t blame your child or yourself.
- You can’t change your child’s behavior. Your child is who they are, and that’s great. Nevertheless, you can nurture your child’s development by adapting your parenting to your child’s behavior. Help your child develop the positive parts of their persona.
- Converse with your children without having any expectations and with great understanding. Love exists where there’s no set of expectations.
7 Biblical Verses on Parenting
- Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him. (1John 5: 11)
- Fathers, do not exasperate your children so that they will not lose heart. (Colossians 3: 21)
- All your sons will be taught of the LORD, and the well-being of your sons will be great. (Isaiah 54: 13)
- Shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness. (1 Peter 5: 2)
- Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. (Psalm 127: 3)
- But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 19: 14)
- All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. (Isaiah 54: 13)
Anonymous. (2019, October 29). Stress free Parenting tips in 21st Century. Gurukul International School. Retrieved January 5, 2022 from https://gurukul.org/blog/21st-century-parenting/stress-free-parenting-in-21st-century/
Matthews, D. (2019, January 4). Raising a Difficult Child? Try a “Spirited” Spin. Psychology Today. Retrieved January 5, 2022 from https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/going-beyond-intelligence/201901/raising-difficult-child-try-spirited-spin
Weil, A. (2013, January 9). Is There Anything To “Earthing”? – Ask Dr. Weil. DrWeil. Retrieved January 5, 2022 from https://www.drweil.com/health-wellness/balanced-living/healthy-living/is-there-anything-to-earthing/
©2022 January 5 Simplyeducate.me